Winter Fire Safety Tips
While being comfortable during the winter is important, it’s crucial that you stay safe as well! To ensure you and your family’s safety, share these safety tips with your household:
- Have your heating system inspected and tuned by your Bioheat® fuel dealer annually.
- Keep flammable objects at least three feet away from your boiler or furnace.
- Establish a “kid free zone” around any heating equipment, including vents or radiators.
- Never use the stove or a portable space heater to help heat your home. Electric space heaters are not only expensive to operate, but are also very dangerous.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors monthly and change the batteries as needed. Replace smoke detectors every 10 years and carbon monoxide detectors every 5 years.
If you have any questions or concerns about winter fire safety, contact your local heating oil dealer.