Evaluating Your Heating System’s Performance
Have you been happy with the way your heating system has handled your comfort needs this heating season? If you find yourself wanting more from your furnace or boiler, New York’s Bioheat® Fuel dealers can help with repairs, tune-ups and upgrades!
When deciding between scheduling a tune-up or an upgrade, here are some things to consider…
If you haven’t scheduled a tune-up in a while, keep an eye out for these signs that it’s time to call:
- Uneven heating throughout your home or building.
- More frequent breakdowns and service calls.
- A time lag between turning the heat on and feeling the warmth.
- Rising energy consumption even when you turn the temperature down.
- Noticeable soot and/or loud noise.
If you don’t think a tune-up will be enough to help improve your comfort, then look toward an upgrade. Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to upgrading:
· If your heating system has been in use for close to 15 years, there are more modern systems available today with higher efficiencies that tend to last longer than older models.
· How often are you spending money on repairs? If you answer that question with “too often!” then a heating system upgrade will help save you on repair costs, too, since you won’t need as many to maintain new equipment.
· Are you wrestling with unobtainable comfort? Uneven temperatures throughout the home are a strong indication that your heating equipment just can’t keep up with your demand for comfort!
· High repair bills are one thing, but what about high heating bills? If you’re noticing an increase in how much it costs to stay warm each year, the efficiency of your heating system is likely the culprit!
· Believe it or not, an old heating system could be causing poor in your home! Older equipment tends to have poor levels of ventilation and filtration, meaning more dust and allergens are circulated back into the home.
Still not sure if your heating system needs a tune-up or an upgrade? Call or contact your local Bioheat Fuel dealer for assistance!