What NYSEC Has Done for Its Members
NYSEC is hard at work, fighting for our members and our industry. Over the past few years, we have been on the front lines:
- Lobbying the City Council to protect honest businesses from the NYC Business Integrity Commission and the additional fees and red tape that would be imposed if they allow the BIC to duplicate DCA to regulate our industry.
- Worked to pass the citywide Bioheat® Fuel increase to B5 as of October 1, 2017, and to bring Bioheat® fuel to Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties, which became a reality on July 1, 2018.
- Distributing Upgrade & Save NYCLI rebates, available through NYSEC and NORA, to help offset your customers’ costs when upgrading to higher efficiency oil-fired boilers, furnaces and burners, or installing a new, safe aboveground storage tank. If you aren’t offering these rebates, go to upgradeandsavenycli.com to find out more.
- Opened and managing a new, state-of-the-art training and research facility in Plainview, NY, helmed by Dr. Thomas Butcher from Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Marketing the benefits of Bioheat® fuel and reminding homeowners of all the advantages our clean, renewable fuel provides.
Membership is an investment in your business – and pays you back with dozens of valuable benefits. Make sure your company is taking advantage of everything we offer:
- Life insurance, DBL and Paid Family Leave coverage through the New York Oil Heating Insurance Fund
- Our website’s exclusive Member Section with:
- Degree Day forecasts, historical data and weekend updates
- Drug Testing from Doctors Review Services
- Legislative and Regulatory Updates
- Critical government relations and public relations services that strengthen the industry
- NY Mercantile Exchange Heating Oil Prices
- NYC Benchmarking Help Center
- Event Registration and Online Payments
- Classified and help wanted ads
- Industry, City and State Resources
- FREE Hot Ideas customer newsletter
- The Peter F. Heaney Memorial Scholarship for members’ employees and their families
- Email updates on breaking news, event invitations and more
- Our gala Golf Outings for fun and networking
- NYSEC Direct – a monthly update on the legislative efforts by Your State Association, New York State Energy Coalition
- Access to HOS Waivers and other required paperwork
- Training programs and NORA certification