What a Properly Sized HVAC System Means for Your Comfort
Some New York City and Long Island homeowners may think that a bigger HVAC system is better for managing their home comfort. Conversely, other homeowners might believe that a smaller system will use less energy – so they save on energy costs.
Here’s a trade secret: The best sized HVAC system depends on the size of your home!
HVAC equipment that is too big or too small for a home will end up costing homeowners more when it comes to the upkeep of the equipment and annual energy bills. Here are just a few of the negative impacts an improperly sized HVAC system can have:
Equipment that’s too small…
· Will run almost indefinitely as it’s unable to reach the temperature set by the homeowner
· Won’t be able to properly balance moisture levels
· Will deliver very little or no airflow to the vents – typically prompting homeowners to further crank up the system.
Equipment that’s too big…
· Will work in quick bursts, cooling or heating a home too quickly to properly cycle, causing more wear and tear
· Drains more energy as it constantly starts up and shuts off more rapidly
· Leaves the home with uneven coverage
The answer to the home comfort conundrum is a properly sized HVAC system! Find your optimal level of comfort without spending more on energy and repair costs by ensuring your HVAC system is the right size for your home with!