Save this Spring with our Energy Saving Tips
The spring season is upon us! As we look forward to hanging up our winter coats and turning down our thermostats, the start of spring is also a fresh opportunity for you to save money on your energy bills. We know that using Bioheat® Fuel promotes more energy-efficient heating in the winter, but what can you do to limit energy costs in the spring?
Here are a few springtime energy tips.
- Open your windows: Avoid turning on your air conditioning and naturally cool your home by opening the windows and letting the fresh air in.
- Use ceiling fans: When possible, cool your home with ceiling fans instead of air conditioning. It will help lower your electricity bill.
- Schedule a heating or cooling system tune-up: Annual tune-ups and maintenance will help improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems.
- Use window treatments: Energy-efficient blinds and shades can block out sunlight and reduce heat inside your home when temperatures rise.
- Replace weather stripping: A tightly sealed window will help to keep the warm air outside and the cool air in.
- Consider upgrading: Energy-efficient heating upgrades can earn you $600 or more in tax credits and up to $800 in Upgrade & Save rebates.
We want all New Yorkers to have a comfortable and energy-efficient spring. These tips are a great place to start saving money, but you should contact your Bioheat® fuel dealer for more money-saving energy conservation ideas.