It Isn’t Too Late to Upgrade Your Heating System!
We’re getting down to the wire, but we’re not in the weeds just yet. There’s still time to upgrade your home heating equipment in order for you to get the most comfort out of your heating system this winter. New York nights have been getting cooler, so you may already be relying a bit more on your heating equipment.
If that’s the case, and your heating system isn’t pulling its weight, here are a few things to consider when it comes to upgrading your heating equipment:
- If your heating system has been in use for close to 15 years, there are more modern systems available today with higher efficiencies that tend to last longer than older models.
- How often are you spending money on repairs? If you answer that question with “too often!” then a heating system upgrade will help save you on repair costs, too, since you won’t need as many service calls to maintain new equipment.
- Are you wrestling with unobtainable comfort? Uneven temperatures throughout the home are a strong indication that your heating equipment just can’t keep up with your demand for comfort!
- High repair bills are one thing, but what about high heating bills? If you’re noticing an increase in how much it costs to stay warm each year, the efficiency of your heating system is likely the culprit!
- Believe it or not, an old heating system could be causing poor indoor air quality in your home! Older equipment tends to have poor levels of ventilation and filtration, meaning more dust and allergens are circulated back into the home.
Do you think a heating system upgrade is in order? Act now! Call your local Bioheat® Fuel heating oil dealer to ask about the Upgrade & Save NYC/LI Rebate Program, which enables homeowners to earn money back for efficiency upgrades to their heating systems
You could earn:
- $500 for replacement/upgrade of an existing oil-fired furnace or boiler to a higher-efficiency model
- $300 for installation of an aboveground oil storage tank to replace an aboveground or underground tank
- Up to $800 in total rebates with a limit of two rebates per household
Rebates are limited, so reach out to your local provider today to learn more!